Did you know that you are amazing? There is no person who is exactly like you. You absolutely warrant being cherished by the most significant person in your life — YOU. Practising self-love can be difficult for a great deal of us, particularly at times when we confront serious hurdles. It isn’t about being narcissistic or self-absorbed, it’s more about getting in tune with ourselves, our happiness and our well-being. We practice self-love so that we can advance beyond our limiting views and live a life that positively glows.
So take a deep breath, and do yourself a favour by practising the following these 10 simple tips to exercise self-love:
1. Begin each and every day by saying something really positive to yourself. Like how wonderfully you managed a situation, how beautiful you look today. Anything that will bring you to smile.
2. Embrace and relish the things that make you unique. That’s what makes you extraordinary.
3. Make time to quiet your mind daily. Breathe in and out, absolve the mind of worries and just be.
4. Get rid of the need for approval from others. As said by Dita Von Teese, “You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.”
5. Forgive yourself. You remember that thing you did that one time (or maybe several times) that caused you to feel regretful, ashamed, uncomfortable? The time has come to let it go. You cannot modify things done in the past, however, you can control your future. See it as a learning adventure and believe in your own strength to grow.
6. Choose something to feel gratitude for every day. It’s certain that you’re going to have your downcast days, but remember, this is normal and very human of you. It’s particularly essential these days to notice at least one thing that you are thankful for because it helps to direct your mind and energy around what’s happening.
7. Reach out to loved ones, friends, whomever you need to support you throughout the difficult periods. No one expects you to struggle through them alone.
8. Learn how to say no. Saying no every now and then does not mean that you are a bad person, it means you a smart one.
9. Be attentive to what you think, feel and desire. Live your life in actions that really exhibit this.
10. Understand that beauty can not be defined. It is what you as an individual see it as. Don’t allow any of those Photoshopped magazines make you believe that your body isn’t perfect as it is. Even those very models do not look like that in reality.
I feel better already xxx